Orange Slice Cookies
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups orange slice candies, quartered (10 ounce package)
1 Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2 Layer ingredients in order given in a quart sized "wide mouth" canning jar. Press each layer firmly in place. Add the orange candies last. It will be a tight fit.
Attach these directions to jar:
- Remove orange slice candy from jar. Set aside.
- Empty remaining cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- ADD: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE. Add 1 egg slightly beaten and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Mix until competely blended. You may need to finish mixing with your hands.
- Mix in orange slice candy.
- Shape into large sized balls.place 2 inches apart on sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
You Should Also Read:
Cookies & Brownies in a Jar
Gifts in a Jar
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Susan . All rights reserved.
This content was written by Susan . If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Allyson Elizabeth D´Angelo for details.